15 October 2011

A few things I love more than ever this autumn

Lovers Walk. I pass it every day, but it never fails to amaze me with the red and oranges it displays in october. But I'm taking special care this year to drink it all in, notice every leaf and colour, because this could be one of the last times I see it like this for a few years...

There is something about autumn light, aumtumn sunsets. This was the view from the roof of my house last night:
 

A three year old I was picking up from nursery ran ahead and found a present for me on thursday. I nearly just subtly popped it on the ground, but something made me stop, and now it is sitting, probably rotting, on my desk. But I don't really care, because a bright fallen leaf is a nice present to get, as far as presents go.

Outside my dad's house, Oxfordshire
 
But my favourite part of the Autumn is the mornings. The first breath of air outside the front door, before December's chill, puts me in such a good mood for the rest of the day. And I am determined to be in a good mood all of this Autumn - after all, it's my last one as a child, so I will never get another change to kick clouds of leaves up into the air as I walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment