25 May 2011


So here is what i'm planning for the Great Bedroom  Revamp now exams are over, or almost over at least. In Oxford at the weekend I went to this amazing old shop selling amazing framed preserved butterflies. I managed to get them to let me take a picture of their back wall, and here it is! Although I only really want one, or it a gets a bit creepy and taxidermist-like, i am now officially on the lookout for one for my bedroom! They are just so pretty...

Am just about to embark on a trip to the local charity to shop run to rummage for old photo frames, as I need to fill up all my white walls! I want small ones for the peg hanging scheme and some big ones to stand on their own. When I FINALLY get round to charging my camera I'll put some photos up!
  

Blocks

I have been collecting these fantastic old school rulers for ages without any real idea of what I was going to do with them, and finally I have an idea! The hint is I'm going to use them with some old letterpress blocks...

And finally the colour of the month is... dirty yellow! I know what you're thinking, but I have decided it looks amazing and really brightens up a room with an unexpected flash. I decided this after seeing my friends guest-room (whose mum is incidentally a designer)


It was a bit like this one from elle decoration! Airy with little flashes of yellow...

So I have decided to paint a few photo frames and surprising objects around my room this happy colour...
such as Farrow and Ball's Babouche...
Colour BookBabouche

No comments:

Post a Comment